"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sound of Television

I don't know why I like to turn on the TV even when there is absolutely nothing I want to watch. Probably I like to listen to the sound of TV. Probably the sound of TV comforts me. Probably it is too quiet in this room, and I need something to make this room more alive, to make this room more familiar, making it at least sound like the room I am used to, the room I can no longer stay whenever I want to. Even though the sound of TV can be as reminiscent as possible, there is still something missing, something that always makes up a duet with the competing sound of television. That something sometimes sounds like "Ah...the great outdoor," "Justice has come," or "Taste my sting!"
That something was a little annoying when I was in that room, but now it is something I miss and want in the room. I miss the place where I sat on the blue couch and typed on my compuer on the small table, where I watched TV while doing other things, and where I could just sit and enjoy the shared moments of being accompanied, being together, and being us.

No comments:

Page Hits