"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Super Glue

My shoes were torn and worn, with the front opening up like two big crooked smiles on my feet.

Two days ago I suddenly felt like fixing them. I like to fix things if they are something of importance. I would rather fix and keep them than tossing them away. This pair of sneakers was given to me as my birthday gift in December 2006. And I worn them every day since then, except when I went out in sandals or barefoot.
Even though I've had plans to buy new shoes lately and I did look around in stores for shoes, I still haven't bought any. Maybe I am too reluctant to give up this pair of shoes.

Just two days ago, I went to a small grocery store close to my work and bought a small tube of super glue. Then I put as much glue as I could into the opening parts of the shoes till that small tube was almost empty. I pressed really hard on the shoes with my feet for a minute, and then I could walk around with my shoes looking nice again.

Then I threw away the super glue I just bought. For one thing, it was almost empty. For the other, I could not glue my heart with it. Special prescription is required.

No comments:

Page Hits