"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Bedroom in my dream

When I am lying on the bed, half asleep and half awake, I will feel like I am still in that bedroom, the bedroom that no longer exists in the way I remember it.
To my right, you could see a weird storage place piled with some of his clothes, if the view were not blocked by him. In summer you could even hear the air-conditioner buzzing annoyingly from the left side. Above my head, there hung two picture frames with 6 pictures of us. They are my gift to him on one of his birthdays.
When I sat up, I could see a French window well hidden behind the curtains, letting in some morning light. An end table was placed close to my feet, with my notebook computer and an ostrich egg lamp on it, along with several other chargers all tangled up. Behind the end table there was a laundry basket, full of his clothes, burying an electric mosquito racket.
On the right side of the room against the wall, there were two wooden shelves and a metal shelf. We put our things on and around the shelves. Above the shelves, there was a picture of colorful flowers. At the corner between the French window and the metal shelf, there was a big picture-frame screen, with photos of our wonderful and memorable trips. It is a gift to me on one of my birthdays.
When I got out of the bed and stood up, I could feel a carper underneath my feet. He bought it to keep our feet from the cold floor in winter.
And then I walked towards the bedroom door for the last time, and closed the door behind me. When I open the bedroom door again, the room is not there any more. He is not there any more.

No comments:

Page Hits