"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Monday, July 7, 2008

In NEED

It was my first car accident.

I fell from my scooter as I tried to make a left turn in front of the entrance of Linjiang Street on An-he Road. I just wanted to get to my dorm as early as possible to finish what I had to do there so that I could come back downtown to meet D.

I was lucky. The vehicles behind me all stopped without hitting me. I was alive, only with a bleeding left palm, with the skin close to the the thumb peeled off, revealing some flesh.

I was able to stand up by myself and moved my scooter to the sidewalk in front of the post office there. With a bleeding hand, I thought I'd just better leave my scooter there and come back to get it some other time.

I really had no idea what to do at that moment. I was so shocked and scared. Calmly I
walked to the 7-11 besides the post office and bought a small fisrt-aid pack, which included some cotton sticks, peroxide, medical cotton, etc. Then I walked back home. It was not far, only about 5-min walk.

I sat on the living room floor, then starting to cry, while taking out the medital kits I had just bought and trying to do something on my bleeding palm.

D was tutoring that afternoon. I still phoned him anyway. I couldn't think of anyone else to phone. Finally after D picked up the phone finding out my emergency, he couldn't wait a minute to come home to me.

I was still crying from the scare of the car accident and the relief that no vehicles ran into me. D thought my injury was notthing big deal and started to blame me for not going to the hospital or any medical institution for care instead of sitting home crying.

He was right, but my brain went blank after that shocking moment. Al I wanted to do was to go home and wait for D to come home. I felt safe at home. No scooters, no cars, no buses waiting in line behind me.

D rushed me out to take a taxi to the hospital. The doctor there scrubed my flesh-revealing wound really hard to clean it out. It hurt like hell, but I felt safer and my tears had stopped as D was there.

No comments:

Page Hits