"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stability in Life

Why do people in the chat room despise/sneer at the idea of a gay man building a home with another, and having a stable life for the rest of their life?

Home and stability are important for a person, either man or woman.
I want a place and a man to call my own, and together we lead a stable and steady life. Nobody lives like a movie or fiction character anyway. A life that's worth to be put into a fiction or a movie is usually too miserable, or too good to be true.

It seems easy and difficult at the same time to fulfill this goal. Most of the people dream about the same thing in their personal profile on friend-making websites, but they usually lose interest in the person they are with after a short time. Maybe they are the ones that decided to start a relationship after knowing a person for one day. Even a man like me, however, that started a relationship after knowing a man for almost 6 months ended up being single again after 5 years. I am sure there are couples whose relationship begin with a simple promise to be together on the first day they meet and then continue for decades. As long as they still see love in each other, forever seems too short a time for them. What if one sees love, and the other sees otherwise?

I long for a stable life. I have been trying to regain that bit of stability for months since the breakup. The new stability stored in life for me is probably having a single life, no matter how much I desire for otherwise. I had been single for 21 years before I had the first contact with my ex. It should be alright for me to be single for a few years, even though I truly want my goal to have a home and a stable family life to come true as soon as possible and to last as long as the sun shines.

I am hoping and believing the day will come, and will come fairly soon.

No comments:

Page Hits