"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Significance of Insignificance

I used to think that it was important to witness every single moment of your loved one, and that it was significant to go grocery shopping, to see all the movies you want to see, to try new restaurants, to explore new places, and to do lots and lots of things with him, no matter how trivial they are.

Well... I guess it's time for me to change this mentality.

As long as I am there with my loved one during the most significant moments, say when he really really needs me, when we make important decisions, when we go through difficult moments of our lives, and when we say our vows, it doesn't matter whom or whom else I have a meal with, I see a movie with, I have a haircut with, I buy a toothpaste with, or even I take a walk with.

But it's still significant as to whom I sleep with (pun intended) - this won't change.

2 comments:

Aris said...

Does love remain love or turn into something other than what it is when we put upon it so many things of so-called significance or whatsoever? With such heavy weight thinking, love might get messed up and withdraw.

When it comes to love, could it be the case that we simply think too much and then make it unnecessarily hard for love to emerge and show itself spontaneously in terms of what it is?

What if we try to approach love in another way -- stop thinking and just let it go ahead?

Andre said...

well... people like me just don't know when to let go, and when NOT to let go. I still need to work on that myself, and I do think too much.

Page Hits