"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Body Combat + Power

Today I went to my first body combat class at California Fitness.

Another person from a friend networking website was supposed to meet me there and show me around the classroom (as if I were a newbie in CF), but he didn't show up.

Seeing that the classroom was not crowded at all on a Sunday morning, I decided to venture into the classroom. I picked the farthest end of the classroom at the back row, with very little room to move around. Suddenly the lady in front of me asked me to move to her front where there was more room but more exposed to other people. I just listented to her because I thought I really needed more space.

The class went smoothly because the moves were not as difficult as those I had seen in other aerobics class, like Latin ones. I had a good time in class. My spirit was lifted when I was among those people that were so adrenalized-pumped. I chose this particular class on a Sunday because the class instructor was hot and young. His classese on the weekdays were always packed and at times inconvenient for me. He is quite popular among a certain crowd of CF members.

As I was leaving the gym, I saw the instructor walking out of the gym with his bf, a very muscular man probably in his late 30's. The instructor is about 25 years old and is still in university, according to my informant, but the bf is probably almost 40. I've heard about similar couples lately, and I am wondering how they become a couple. Maybe a lot of young men like to date older men?

I don't know how the power structure works in a couple with huge age gap. Maybe the one having more money is giving orders, or maybe the one having youther flesh is making decisions.

The balance of power is a tricky thing. It has to be balanced, but at an angle of various degrees. Equality may not work because decisions probably cannot be made when both sides share the same level of power.

As for myself, I don't even have a scale to stand on. There is no one to share a scale with me, so there is no struggle or balance of power for me to worry about or to strive for.

Seeing other couples really makes me sad.

No comments:

Page Hits