"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hippopotamus in the house


Last night, and on lots of the nights for the past few weeks, the hippopotamus living upstairs would tramp around her room, as if trying to announce her own existence. Worst of all, she likes to practice walking very late at night and early in the morning.

You see, she usually comes back to life as I go back to my place for a night's rest. At around 12 or 1 o'clock in the morning, she will finally finish her late night tap dance (she definitely trips on herself all the time, because the sound of furniture dragged across the floor is often heard, too), and then go out. That's the only time I can finally fall asleep without being waken up again and again by her heavy footsteps.

Then at around 5 or 6 o'clock in the morning, as the door to her bedroom opens, her clumsy tap dance repertoire begins once again. Well, if I had fallen asleep by 11:00 at night, I wouldn't mind being waken up by this thumping alarm clock at 6 in the morning. Since I didn't have enough sleep, this early morning dance practice is another torture for me.

I really feel like telling the hippopotamus that the tenant before her was almost like invisible to me because I couldn't even tell if she was home or not; however, I can always tell if the hippo is home or not upon opening the door. That stinky smell accompanied by heavy footsteps... well...let's assume that she went out for work in the middle of the night at some "special" pubs. What kind of clients would request services from a hippo? She can't even walk gracefully without making any noise!

No comments:

Page Hits