"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Friday, August 15, 2008

Free Hugs

I am not really interested in getting free hugs from strangers. When I saw those activists giving free hugs, I always walked as far away as possible.

Well, there is one kind that I especially don't like even more.

For example, a guy (coded: KFC man) asked me to meet him for lunch on a working day, but I still said yes since I thought it was nice to have lunch with someone. When I arrived at the meeting point in front of a KFC, he was not there. I had to wait like 10 minutes before he showed up. Then he told me that he had already eaten, and that it was okay if I still wanted to eat ( of course I wanted to eat. That's why I went there). As I was chewing the barely satisfying grilled chicken burger at KFC, I suddenly received a phone message. I didn't want to check it because I thought it was probably some sort of junk mail. After a few minutes, KFC man asked me if I had received a message. "I think so. Why?" I said.
"Check it now," KFC man insisted.
I took out my phone and found that the text read, "do you want to have a hug in the bathroom?"
Before I even put down my phone back into my pocket, I shook my head saying, "No."
"Really?" KFC man asked.
"Really."
I finished my burger very quickly and on our way downstairs, he asked me again if I wanted to use the bathroom. "No, definitely not," I said.

***
I saw a fruity-looking guy quite often during my lunch hours outside my office. I accidentally ran into his profile on the Internet so I left a message with him and then sort of made friends with him .

There is another guy working out in Ximen that I saw once in a while. I ran into his online profile too. He gave me his msn after I simply left a message on his page saying I had seen him in the gym. So I put him on my msn list. (Coded: N)

Vs told me when we accidentally met in the restaurant close to my work that one of his friends is N. Vs said N checked me out very often in the gym and stuff.

Well, as my current goal is to make some friends, I messaged N on MSN one night just to say hi and to let him know that Vs mentioned about him to me. Since I was going to bed very soon, I didn't want to chat that much. I told him I was going to bed.
"?" he wrote.
"I am going to bed. Good night," I typed again.
"Do you want to have a hug?" N said.
"NO," I said resolutely and logged off immediately.

Now I don't feel like using the gym at Ximen because both of these two men work out in that gym. I also don't feel like meeting new people now. I don't like it when people ask me that question, either euphemized or not. Maybe I should introduce them to each other so that they can hug each other all they want since they both live in the same area.

No comments:

Page Hits