"A movie is not a movie if it's not shown on a gigantic screen with state-of-the-art surrounding sound effects, " says a movie addict, "it would be like watching a soap opera on a b/w TV in a small living room."

"Bleh"


Andre
:D

Friday, September 5, 2008

The Winner Takes It All


Well, I have to say something about the musical of the year, "Mamma Mia!" The music is good, the story is entertaining, and the actors (some) are hot.

I know the stage musical has been out for years, but I still have to say that the producer and playwright of this musical were really good at threading Abba's songs into a show. You will feel that those songs are originally made for this musical.

I never thought Meryl Streep to be such a good singer. Can you imagine a fashion magazine editor-in-chief (ref. Devil Wears Prada) sings and dances around a little island? Pierce Brosnan looked so tensed and unnatural when he sang though. Colin Firth didn't have too much singing part but he was not a bad singer. Oh, I wish I could still be so charming at Firth's age, but fitter than he. And I just found out that the woman playing Rosie also plays Molly Weasley in Harry Potter. And the beautiful woman playing the role of the daughter is actually the stupid girl in Mean Girls. The man playing the role of Sky (a hot man indeed) is already 30 years old. Wow!

Besides that happy, cheerful songs in the musical, the song I like the most is "The Winner Takes it All," sung by the leading role Donna (She's the leading role, right? cuz she has more singing part).

This song is fairly heart-wrenching and echoes my thoughts. Well, not entirely, but close.
With this song accompanied by Meryl Streep's sorrowful voices and her award-winning acting skills, I sheded tears in the theater. ( and I was so glad that nobody got angry at me for crying in theater. Crying should be allowed just as much as laughing in theater.)




I was in your arms
Thinking I belonged there
I figured it made sense
Building me a fence
Building me a home
Thinking I'd be strong there
But I was a fool
Playing by the rules

The gods may throw a dice
Their minds as cold as ice
And someone way down here
Loses someone dear

**
Here is a short clip of Lay All Your Love on Me, sung by the daughter and a hot Sky.

No comments:

Page Hits